Finding stuff

Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog. I had my abortion in Dec 2008, so you can find most of the posts about the nitty gritty by clicking on "2008" in the blog archives, and checking out things from there.


Friday, December 12, 2008

blood, boobs, etc.

At this point, things are pretty much back to normal physically (almost).

I am no longer feeling sluggish or tired all the time. I am back to my normal energy level, and am enjoying things like walking to work again.

My boobs aren't as big as they were before the abortion, but are still bigger than normal. They still are a little sensitive, and hurt if someone hugs me too tight or something.

This bleeding thing seems a bit unpredictable. When I get my period, it starts out heavy, and then gets lighter each day until it stops. Yesterday I didnt bleed for almost the whole day, and just when I thought I could stop wearing pads I started bleeding again. Not just spotting, it was a lot of blood, but then seemed to stop again after a couple hours. I have switched from the max absorbency pads to thinner ones, but still expect to be wearing pads of some kind for a while.

Side note- I'm pretty sure that nausea thing the other day was from taking the antibiotics on an empty stomach, and not really directly related to the abortion. Apparently I have a bit of a senstive stomach.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This message isn't meant for you to post, it is for you privately. Someday, when you are older, you will look back on this weblog and will regret much of the aggressive in your face attitude that you have shown about abortion. You'll be embarrassed by your youthful overconfidence and insensitivity about this issue. You will have moments when you will become more introspective and less brash where you will really question your actions as a young person and wish you could change the past. I know, because I used to be like you.

AbortionBlogger said...

Thanks lady. My "face attitude" is pro-choice for life.
I'm not insensitive about abortion. I know its a hard choice for many people, and that 30-40% of women choose abortion at some point in their life, and most don't regret it. I am trying to make it easier for women to talk about it, because so many of us go through it. It should not be so stigmatized.
I won't regret sharing my experience, or making the choice that was right for me.

lizlawr said...

hey, this is a really great blog and I appreciate you sharing your story!

Liz

Anonymous said...

I sounded like you when I was younger, and...well 14 years later I still sound like you, if not MORE like you.

No one needs to make you feel bad for not feeling bad.

I do not regret my abortion and I hope you don't in the future. Most women who have abortions do not regret their abortions, but the situations that brought them to choose abortion.

I do hate how people try to push their thoughts/feelings on other people, as though everyone experiences things exactly the same way. Just because someone regrets their actions, does not mean everyone else regret their same actions.

AbortionBlogger said...

Thanks Liz and not-regretful anonymous person! I appreciate your support. :)

Anonymous said...

I had an abortion when I was 19 and I'm 31 years old now. I don't regret it then, don't regret it now.

In fact, I am SOOOO very happy for the choices that I have made.

Everyone is different...

Anonymous said...

Im 29 and just had a surgical abortion 4 days ago and am so happy I did. The whole procedure was really easy, theres been a bit of bleeding since but nothing major and i feel absolutely fine. Like the blog, theres so many scare stories put out there by all those pro-life obsessives.

Anonymous said...

I appreciate your blog. I have been looking all over the web for some information about what is going to happen to me when I take this pill. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that I have found this blog. I hate that abortion is a topic that we don't talk about. I had one earlier this year and it's so nice to read about your experiences. I know there are so many women that have had one (one in three, i've heard) but I haven't been able to connect with any of them because, again, it's not something we discuss. so THANK YOU.