Finding stuff

Hey! Thanks for checking out my blog. I had my abortion in Dec 2008, so you can find most of the posts about the nitty gritty by clicking on "2008" in the blog archives, and checking out things from there.


Tuesday, January 27, 2009

1 out of 3 ... is ME... and me!

Another voice breaks the silence:

1 out of 3 ... is ME
"One out of three women in the United States has an abortion by the age of 45. Still the experience remains shrouded in silence, and for some women, shame. This is a pro-choice abortion blog based on my personal experience."

"I'm a forty year old feminist who works to little every day to change the world."

The author of 1 in 3 is having a second trimester abortion at 15 weeks, and is one of the few, if not only woman talking about her personal experience with this. Less than 5% of abortions take place at her gestational point.

I applaud her bravery and wish her health and happiness. Her procedure is tomorrow, so please join me in sending her your support and good wishes.

6 comments:

eve said...

I'm such a big fan of your blog; I started reading it when I found out I was pregnant, and it was so helpful that I decided to start my own: myabortionandrelatedincidents.blogspot.com

Thanks for your insights.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you so very much for taking the time and effort to write this blog. I am sure many women will profit from it. Before I had my first abortion I was so scared and had no one to turn to. I wish I had found something like this to read. I actually thought I was going to have to run away from home in order to have an abortion. I had no one to talk to until finally a lady at planned parenthood found a support person for me. Now I am pretty vocal about my abortion and as best as I can I let people know I have aborted and am available to talk to or support. I think we must be more vocal to let others know the anti-choice are not the only ones around who will talk about abortion.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I found this blog. I am going on Friday and plan to take Mifeprex if I'm not too far along. Your blog really answered a lot of questions I had, and I'm actually doing a blog of my own called Waiting for Lily(http://untilshereturns.blogspot.com/) Thanks again for sharing your experience!!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that I found this blog, I am pro choice for many different reasons, and I value the women that have to make this choice. There are so many campains out there that don't show real life situations.

Rana Sinha said...

You have so many real people commenting here and sharing their experiences. I came across your blog as I was researching for my article on the woman in the centre of the Roe v.Wade case
http://socyberty.com/issues/the-extraordinary-woman-behind-abortion-legalization-in-usa/

kaylajaneen said...

I am so glad that abortion is becoming less of a taboo topic. The girls and women going through these tough choices desperately need someone to talk to and relate to. There really should be more pregnancy counseling clinics out there to provide the support that we ladies need whether aborting or dealing with an unplanned parenthood.